Notary Service Enquiries : Mobile or WhatsAPP 6888-9999 (Miss Law)


Legal Documents signed in Hong Kong, but need to be used in another country must be “authenticated” or “legalized” before they can be recognized as valid in the foreign country.

Such documents range from:

  • powers of attorney
  • affidavits, affirmations and statutory declarations
  • birth, death and marriages records
  • incorporation papers
  • deeds, conveyances, mortgages
  • patent application and
  • various other legal papers.

Legalization is a verification process, where the validity of a document is verified. For example, if you sign a Power of Attorney before a Notary Public, the Notary Public will verify your signature, so that the receiving party of this Power of Attorney will know that it was really you who signed the document.